Educational luminary helps kids toward brighter future
After completing her postgraduate education in the UK, Lu Yao, the young woman whose story we are sharing today, dedicated herself to supporting kids with no access to modern teaching tools, comfortable classrooms or well-trained teachers.
Shocked by the poor conditions at a local elementary school in Babie town in Guangxi Zhuang autonomous region, she later devoted herself to providing better education to the children there.
Listen to the story of Lu Yao and how they relate to China's efforts to boost education.
This is the ninth in our series New?China at 70.
- Wife of police officer pleads for reconciliation
- Patriotic HK tycoon Tsang Hin-chi dies at 85
- HKSAR, Shenzhen teens send best wishes to the nation
- Additional industries to get carbon trading
- Beijing museum exhibition celebrates science
- Reform plan to make land use approval easier